Thanksgiving Point Men's League
Thanksgiving Point Men’s League is a competitive 9-hole golf league played on your choice of either a Weds or Thurs during the peak season. The league affords golfers of all abilities an excellent chance to compete on a weekly basis. The League is open to any person 16 years or older.
What is the cost?
- Annual Membership Fee: $35 (covers league expenses, added prize money, etc..)
- Entry Fee each week is $33 (includes $25 green fee and $8 prize pool entry)
- 10 Round 9-Hole Men’s League punch card is available for $225 ($50 savings)
- Entry fee each week for Individual pass holders is $18
When does the league start and end?
The 2021 season will begin on April 21 and will be highlighted by the Thanksgiving Point Men’s Club Championship Sept 11. Play as often or as little as you prefer during the season. You need not play every week. There are instances when league play will be interrupted because of a holiday or big tournament, but this is rare.
Do I need to be a good player to play?
Certainly not! Our members shoot anywhere from 32 to 60 for 9 holes. The league is flighted and handicapped for fair and equitable competition. All payouts will be flighted. Flights will be determined by the golf course based on number of players.
Do you need a USGA GHIN to participate?
Yes, each member of the league will need an active USGA handicap. You can sign up for a handicap index by joining the Utah Golf Association. Visit www.uga.org to sign up
What kind of events do you have?
We play a variety of weekly games each week including Low Gross/Net, Chicago, Stableford, Throw Out Your Worst Hole, Scrambles, Best Balls, etc. League members will need to play in a minimum of four weeks to be eligible for the Club Championship.
Will I have to play the same 9 holes every week?
We have a fun schedule of formats scheduled for 2021 and there may be time where alternate tees are used but you will always compete at the same tees as the members of your competition level.
How do I join?
It is simple. Just go to the golf shop and ask to join our league. There you can fill out an application and pay your annual dues. Once those formalities are out of the way, have a great season and play well! If you have any other questions, please feel free to call the Golf Shop at 801.768.7401.
What is the Members Cup?
The Members Cup is our season long points race similar to FedEx Cup on the PGA Tour. Each week, players will earn points for participation as well as performance points based on results in each Flight. The Men’s League season will have early season points winners after first 10 weeks, late season winners for last 10 weeks, and year long winners.
1. Flights: Each week the field is broken into 3 divisions. 0-5 (9-hole handicap), 6-10, 11-18
2. Tees: 1st Division play will be from BLUE tees. 2nd and 3rd Div. will play from WHITE tees. Seniors 65 and older or if your age + handicap=70 or higher will play one tee forward
3. Weekly Skin Pool: There will be an optional $5 cash pool each week. Skins are by division
4. Tee times: Men’s League tee times will be available Weds mornings most weeks and after 3pm in the afternoon each Weds and Thursday. You will need to schedule tee times each week to reserve your times. Tee times will be reserved using the League Caddie App. Tee times are limited. 4-6pm each weds will be blocked off for Men’s League only.
5. To post an eligible score, you will need to play with someone else that is also a League member to
6. 2021 Season Rules:
a. Each Member will receive a digital rules packet from the league president. If you have not received one by April 1st 2021 please request one from the league president.
7. Pace of play: Regardless of skill level, please keep up with the group in front of you. Ideal round time is
8. Results: Results will be posted each week in the League Caddie App, Men’s League Facebook page, and emailed out to each League member.
9. Event winnings: prize money is given out in golf shop credit. Tournament credit must be redeemed by
December 15, 2021. Deadline for special orders is Oct 15, 2021.
10. Rules questions and concerns can be brought to the Men’s League Committee
Men’s League Committee:
Thanksgiving Point 9-hole Ladies' League
$30/each week ($25 green fee for 9-holes and cart / $5 goes to the prize pool)
Times are available 4-6pm. Play as many weeks as you would like. No membership fee this year!
June 8: Points game (earn points per hole for scores of 2 to 9)
June 15: 1 Mulligan per hole (1 extra shot per hole)
June 22: Designated Driver (use anyone’s drive in the group and play own ball in
June 29: 2 person Scramble
July 6: 4 th of July Red/White/Blue Flags (play from different flag locations)
July 20: Total score on par 3’s and par 5’s only
July 27: Licorice Rope Challenge (use a licorice rope to shave strokes off score)
Aug 3: Throw out 3 worst holes
Aug 10: Points for Putts (earn points for 1 putts and 2 putts on each hole)
Aug 17: 4 Person Scramble Closer
Call the golf shop to book your tee time today! Come as an individual and we'll pair you up or make your own foursome of friends! 801-768-7401.
Thanksgiving Point Golf Club Women’s Golf events are geared towards women, but ALL are welcome to participate in events. Thanksgiving Point Golf Club and Troon does not discriminate against anyone on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, or sexual orientation.